Eco-Logic Environmental Activities
Eco-Logic Education & Environment Services is well known for providing innovative educational programs for students from kindergarten to university.
Our activities are designed to help students to safely explore, learn and care about the diverse environments of Victoria’s Surf Coast and the Great Otway National Park.
We aim to accommodate individual school’s needs and our staff incorporate creative teaching styles that place an emphasis on personal engagement and enjoyment.
Our environmental education programs offer opportunities for hands on, student-centred learning whilst encouraging a stronger sense of stewardship and responsibility for the preservation and management of our natural environment.
Our programs include:
Ocean Snorkel, Canoe Discovery Paddle, Estuary Discovery, Rockpool Ramble, Twilight Rockpool Rambles, Intertidal Zonation Studies, Coastal Processes & Pressures, Coastal Conflicts, Fossil Safari
Creatures of the Night, Junior Ranger, Wetland Wander, Hike in the Great Otway National Park & and along the Surf Coast Walk, Environmental Projects.
Eco-Logic’s Curriculum Philosophy:
Our educational and environmental services aim to provide:
• Qualified and experienced teachers and instructors
• Best curriculum thinking to better prepare students for success at school and beyond
• Innovative teaching techniques which are designed to promote an understanding of educational and environmental issues and foster an appreciation of cultural heritage and the natural world
• Dynamic programs which promote the inherent role of the environments and cultural heritage as contexts for meaningful education experiences
• A high standard of interpretive and experiential learning
• Programming to promote feelings of achievement and success
• An enjoyable, stress-free experience for school staff and educators
• Positive group management with a focus on restorative practices. (Teachers are ultimately responsible for the discipline of student groups)
For more information please contact Eco-Logic Environment & Education Services on 03 5263 1133 or www.ecologic.net.au
Curriculum Based Activities
School tours of Split Point Lighthouse are a very welcome addition to our education and environment services. Lighthouse tours can be used to support curriculum based activities and can be teamed with an environmental activity for a three hour session or encorporated into a multi-day program.
• Cater for individual school needs
• Provide valuable learning opportunities for students from primary school to VCE
• Support Key Learning Areas (KLAs) such as Civics and Citizenship, The humanities – Geography and History, The Arts; English; Health and Physical Education, Maths and Sciences
• Can also be used to support the Discovering Democracy projects and Values Education projects
• Provide opportunities for student-centred activities, first-hand observations, experiential learning, investigations, data collection and discussions.
• Have been developed with an understanding of KLA concepts K-12 by specialist teachers
To find out more about our Curriculum Based Lighthouse Activities please contact us on 5263 1133.